In recent years, the supply of compost Phase 3 for growing champignons has rapidly increased in Ukraine.
Many farms have already seen the benefits of working in the third phase of compost last year – it gives a higher yield, significantly reduces the risk of diseases, has a shorter cycle, producers get high-quality mushrooms etc.
But it should be noted that for the best efficiency compost should be loaded into the growing chamber with a combine using of Phase 3. In this case, you can save money on bricketing and make the process of chamber loading r much better and faster.
What is needed to switch from loading briquettes to loading with a combine?
As it turned out, not only a harvester!
We asked Igor Muzyka, director of the company Geleka-M to tell us about his own experience in switching to the Phase 3 compost and give answers to the following questions:
– why you should do the filling with a combine;
– what carriage is needed for compost bulk transport;
– what are the requirements for shelves, landing, farm equipment;
– what is included in the set of equipment necessary for compost filling loose;
– What are the principles of choosing the right equipment convenient for the existing farm;
– How much a set of equipment will cost and where it can be bought;
– How many people work in the compost filling team and what is the filling speed;
– Filling process: where to start, what parameters to control;
– whether we need cellophane under the compost and whether the compost should be watered on a loading combine;
-what are the specificities of making CACing on a loading combine;
– hygiene rules during the loading process.
Waiting for you at our Exhibition-Conference “Ukrainian Mushroom Days”